The workshop is part of Yooralla's Assistive Technology Learning program and will be held on Monday 13 October 2014, Monday 20 October 2014 and Tuesday 21 October 2014, at the Independent Living Centre, 705 Princes Hwy, Brooklyn, Victoria.
This will be a 'hands on' workshop, held over two weeks to allow participants to apply learned content in their own workplace and consolidate learning outcomes.
Learning outcomes include:
- Increase understanding of DDA, BCA, AS 1428 and their relevance to modifying private residences.
- Understand some of the legal implications for therapists and clients.
- Increase awareness of possible design faults and develop knowledge and strategies to avoid these.
- Gain an understanding of home modification in the context of more specialised areas such as bariatrics, palliative care, environmental control & dementia.
- Opportunity to work through case studies, and discuss and review ideas and examples of well integrated home modifications.
- Gain confidence in communicating recommendations graphically and producing suitable specifications / scopes of work.
- Work through examples of more complex home modifications.
For more information or to book your place please download the workshop flyer, or contact Yooralla's Assistive Technology Learning on (03) 9362 6111 or 1300 885 886.